The Mississippi Watershed Management Organization (MWMO) and Hennepin County invite you to attend the grand openings of the MWMO’s new Community Facility and the Lowry Avenue Bridge on Saturday, October 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Be a part of this historic celebration.
- See how our landscape saves, reuses and cleans storm water.
- Tour sustainable design features of our new facility.
- Visit our Machinery Hill of storm water — featuring a vactor truck, monitoring boat and more.
- Watch a video of the old Lowry Bridge blow up and the new bride rise.
- Step inside a giant water bubble!
- Take a free commemorative photo.
- Make your own non-toxic cleaning solution.
- Free Segway rides.
- Meet the mascot Water Drop.
- Arts and crafts
- Face painting
- And more!
Food and beverages available for purchase from local food trucks.
Transit and Parking Options:
Ride Metro Transit (#11, 22, and 32)
Park in the RSP lot at 1300 Marshall Street N.E. and take the free shuttle to the MWMO
For more info, please visit www.mwmo.org.