Beginning tomorrow morning, April 21, the southbound lane of East River Parkway will close to motor vehicle traffic and open to pedestrians from Fulton Street SE to Emerald Street SE. Bicyclists are asked to stay on bike paths.
The East River Parkway closure joins closures already in place for Bde Maka Ska Parkway, Cedar Lake Parkway, Lake Harriet Parkway, Lake of the Isles Parkway, Lake Nokomis Parkway, West River Parkway and Main Street SE. Maps of every closure in the Minneapolis park system are posted on the MPRB Road Closures page.
Parkways Closed to Motor Vehicles are for Pedestrians Only
Once closures go into effect:
- Parkway roads will be dedicated to two-way pedestrian traffic; cyclists should remain on bike trails.
- Walking paths will be dedicated to two-way pedestrian traffic.
- Bike paths will remain bike paths in their current direction, if applicable.
Exceptions and Conditions
- Emergency vehicles will be allowed on closed sections of parkways and streets at all times.
- Service, delivery and sanitation vehicles will be allowed on closed sections of parkways and streets as part of their regular operations. Vehicle drivers will be required to move and replace barricades.
- Access to residential buildings and residential parking facilities on closed sections of parkways and streets will be maintained.