Please join us for the DMNA Safety and Security Summit on Tuesday, October 3, at the Mill City Museum, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. This EVENT is free and open to the public. All downtown residents and businesses are invited to attend. Please RSVP for the event via Eventbrite.
The summit will bring downtown residents together with community organizations, the business community, elected and public officials, and law enforcement for a comprehensive discussion on enhancing public safety and reducing crime in our city.
The detailed agenda includes information tables hosted by neighborhood and community organizations from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., a moderated panel of civic leaders from the City of Minneapolis, Hennepin County, and the MDC/DID from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., and a meet and mingle networking time from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Jason DeRusha from WCCO Radio and former WCCO TV news anchor will serve as the moderator for the panel discussion.
5 pm to 6 pm: Information tables hosted by neighborhood and community organizations
- Be That Neighbor
- Safety Walking Groups (Mill District and North Loop)
- Minneapolis Park and Recreation
- Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association
- Elliot Park Neighborhood, Inc.
- North Loop Neighborhood Association
- Citizens for a Loring Park Community
- East Town Business Partnership
- Mpls Downtown Improvement District (DID)
- Mad Dads
- A Mother’s Love
- 21 Days of Peace
6 pm to 8 pm: Welcome by Mayor Jacob Frey, followed by a panel discussion with civic leaders moderated by Jason DeRusha from WCCO Radio and former WCCO TV news anchor
Current list of panelists:
- Council Member Michael Rainville
- MPD Police Chief Brian O’Hara
- MPD 1st Precinct Inspector Bill Peterson
- MPRB Police Chief Jason Ohotto
- MPRB 4th District Commissioner Elizabeth Shaffer
- Metro Transit Police Chief Ernest Morales
- Hennepin County Sheriff Dawanna Witt
- Steve Cramer, President and CEO, Minneapolis Downtown Council and DID
- Shane Zahn, Director of Safety Initiatives, Minneapolis DID
8 pm to 9 pm: Meet and mingle networking time