This forum will address the continuing problem of serious street crime in Downtown West at Hennepin and First Avenues. Representatives from the Minneapolis Police Department, the Minneapolis Downtown Council, Downtown Improvement District / Safe Zone and YouthLink will be on hand to provide crime stats and talk about possible solutions to criminal activity in the downtown community. Secured guest presenters include the following:
- Joe Tamburino, DMNA Board Chair and forum moderator
- Lieutenant Christopher House, Minneapolis Police Department, First Precinct;
- Heidi Johnston, City of Minneapolis, City Attorney’s Office, First Precinct Community Attorney;
- Shane Zahn, Minneapolis Downtown Improvement District / Safe Zone;
- Steve Cramer, Executive Director of the Minneapolis Downtown Council; and
- Joseph Acuna from Youth Link
This will be a great opportunity for the community to get information and ask questions. More information to come.