Thank you to everyone who joined the DMNA Virtual Annual Meeting on Tuesday night. We had over 350 registrations. This is the best turnout that we have ever had for an annual meeting. Some of this is due to the virtual format, but it also demonstrates how much people care about the future of the downtown community.
A big thank you goes out to our elected officials; Mayor Frey, Council Member Fletcher, and Jono Cowgill, as well as law enforcement representatives; MPD 1st Precinct Inspector Bill Peterson, MPRB Chief of Police Jason Ohotto, Metro Transit Police Captain Brooke Blakey, and Shane Zahn, the Director of Safety Initiatives for the Downtown Improvement District for their time and their thoughtful responses to questions. It is clear that they care deeply about Minneapolis and the downtown community. Below are their names and contact information. If we were unable to get to your question during the town hall, please reach out to them directly. Please reference the DMNA Annual Meeting – Public Safety Town Hall in the subject line.
- MPRB 4th District Commissioner Jono Cowgill – email@example.com
- Ward 3 Council Member Steve Fletcher – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayor Jacob Frey – Please contact Becky Boland at email@example.com
- MPD 1st Precinct Inspector Bill Peterson – Billy.Peterson@minneapolismn.gov
- MPRB Chief of Police Jason Ohotto – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metro Transit Police Captain Brooke Blakey – email@example.com
- Shane Zahn, Director of Safety Initiatives, Minneapolis Downtown Improvement District – SZahn@mplsdid.com
In addition, we’ve provided links to the PowerPoint presentation that was showed during the meeting, along with some of the reports that we didn’t have time to present, due to extending the time of the Public Safety Town Hall to allow for more questions and answers with the elected and law enforcement officials.