From Minneapolis mills and St. Anthony Falls to native plants and wildlife: Explore history and nature along the Mississippi riverfront.
Starting Friday, March 4, people ages 18 & up are invited to join an MPRB naturalist for a FREE series of afternoon strolls on and near the Mississippi River.
The leisurely pace includes stops to observe and discuss a different topic each week, such as:
• History of the Falls and Mills
• Winter Animal Adaptations
• Sketching in Nature
• Bird Migration on the River
• Spring Flowers and Native Plants
• Mindfulness in Nature
• and more!
Walks begin at 1pm at the Water Works Pavilion in downtown Minneapolis (425 West River Parkway, at the foot of the Stone Arch Bridge).
Fridays, March 4 through May 27, 1 to 2pm
Anyone ages 18 & up
How to sign up
Walk & Talk sessions are free, but registration is required:
- Online: bit.ly/WaterWorksWalkTalk or minneapolisparks.org/register (event #132013)
- Phone: 612-230-6400 (Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm)
- In person: visit any recreation center