Stay Connected: COVID-19 Vaccine Information Read More
The City of Minneapolis announces an upcoming community meeting on the development of the new historic district design guidelines for the St. Anthony Falls Historic District.
The community meeting will be held:
Monday April 25, 2011
6:30 – 9:00 pm
City Hall, Room 319
350 South Fifth Street, Minneapolis
Please Enter City Hall at the Fourth Street South Entrance
This is the second public meeting on development of the new historic district design guidelines. Attendees will participate in exercises to:
* Refine and define character areas within the district.
* Indentify key views.
* Define the vision and guiding principals of the design guidelines.
* Identify design issues.
What are Historic District Design Guidelines?
Historic district design guidelines are a local policy and regulatory tool used in decision-making to evaluate alterations and new development within the historic district. The new design guidelines will include guidance on the following:
* Archaeological sites and sites of specific cultural/historical significance.
* Existing and new infrastructure; sites of specific engineering and transportation significance.
* Natural features and open space.
* Existing buildings and the construction of new buildings; sites of specific architectural significance.
More information on the project can be found online at:
www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/hpc/St_Anthony_Falls_Historic_District_Design_Guidelines.asp, or by contacting:
Brian Schaffer, AICP, Senior City Planner
Minneapolis Department of Community Planning & Economic Development
Planning Division, Preservation & Design
250 South 4th Street, Room 300, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: 612-673-2670 Fax: 612-673-2526