- This event has passed.
March Livability Committee Meeting
March 14, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The Livability Committee meets on the 2nd Monday of the month at a rotating location. This month we will meet in Room 203 at Open Book.
- Expansion of the Downtown Improvement District?
- Kathryn Reali, the COO of the Downtown Council & DID, will attend our meeting to discuss engagement and planning efforts around potential DID expansion areas. The Livability Committee will report back to the board.
- This information will help inform if/how the DMNA might assume a position or a play a role.
- Proposed Repeal of the Sidewalk Congregation Law
- The City Council will explore repealing a law that prohibits three or more people from congregating on a public sidewalk. Proponents of the law argue that it is a valuable tool for crowd control and crime prevention. Opponents argue that because the law is selectively enforced, it should be repealed and replaced with more equitable law enforcement strategies. (You will find more info in this recent Strib article.)
- A representative from CM Yang’s office, the proposal’s co-author, will present the proposal and answer questions. The Livability Committee will discuss this issue and provide recommendations to the Board as to how the DMNA might formally comment on the issue.