- This event has passed.
January Livability Committee
January 11, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
1/11/2016 Agenda Topics
- The Return of Tailgating to Downtown: With the return of the Vikings, tailgating will return. The DMNA will work with the Vikings to help protect the interests of the neighborhood.
- Planning the DMNA’s 1/26 forum on tailgating
- An update from DMNA Board Member, Joe Tamburino, on his initial conversation with the Vikings and next steps
- Developing a Framework for Evaluating Funding Requests
- The DMNA Board has charged the committee with proposing a framework for evaluating funding requests. We’ll start the discussion tonight and form a work group.
- Open Discussion
Other Committee Updates
- We are kicking the year off with some great initial projects and are looking for more ideas and members! I’ve attached an overview of the committee structure as well as a few initial priorities that have been reviewed the board. This is document is a work in progress.
- The fantastic Amy Sweasy has agree to serve as the Committee Chair! Amy lives in Downtown West/Mill District and spends her days as Assistant Hennepin County Attorney. She also brings experience in city administration.
- The Land Use Committee has created a survey to collect community input on priorities for the development of 205 Park Ave, currently a city-owned parking lot in the Mill District. Please take this survey and encourage your neighbors to do so as well. The survey will likely close by Saturday AM (1/9).