The Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association is seeking to establish a Civic Engagement Committee. There has been some interest expressed at recent board meetings about getting a group started to work on community improvement projects. Downtown resident Quentin Misiag has volunteered to lead the committee. Some examples of projects that the committee might work on include the following:
- Neighborhood cleanup events
- Voter registration drives
- Work with the Public Safety Task Force to organize a National Night Out event
- Set-up Little Free Libraries throughout the downtown
- Work with the Marking / Branding Task Force to create neighborhood banners
- Work with the Land Use Committee on Streetscape Improvement projects such as hanging baskets, planters, benches, etc…
If you have an interest in working on these kinds of projects and other community improvement initiatives, please send an email to DMNA Neighborhood Coordinator Christie Hantge with your name, address and a brief statement explaining your interest. You must live, work or own property in the Downtown East or Downtown West neighborhoods to participate on the committee.